Quality Inspector In-Process/Final
Our client in Blackwood, NJ, is looking for a Quality Inspector to join their busy team. This position has the overall responsibility for performing in-process and final inspection of cable/connector assemblies, recording the results, and assisting assembly personnel as required.
This position is full-time, 7:00 AM - 3:30 PM Monday-Friday. Overtime is required.
- Perform in-process inspections
- Perform final inspection prior to shipment of product in accordance with written procedures and/or customer documentation. Verification of all dimensional, mechanical, electrical and drawing requirements.
- Work with supervision to define appropriate inspection and acceptance criteria
- Perform other QA and related activities as assigned
- Assist other members of QC team when required
- Limited assembly as needed
- Minimum of 3-5 years of previous experience in cable assembly environment
- Working knowledge of inspection standards, including MIL specs
- Certified to IPC WHMA-A-620 and/or J-STD-001
- Demonstrate ability with the use of hand tools and gages
- Read and interpret cable and connector drawings
- Computer skills required
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Positive attitude a must
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check