Packaging Operators 2nd Shift
Job ID: 730
Employment Type: Contract
Pay Rate: $12.00 per hour
Our client in Swedesboro, NJ is seeking to add additional packaging operators for their 2nd shift. These are temp to hire positions with a growing company!
- Setup packing area for production
- Ensure proper bottle and box codes
- Setup case sealer machine for box being run
- Participate in Pre-Operation team meeting before starting production
- Turn on conveyor - Call a mechanic for set-up or problems
- Visually inspect containers for proper label, code, cap and/or celon prior to packing
- Pack containers into appropriate box
- Work together with the group of packers on the production line to pack efficiently
- Report any off standard containers to the Production Lead and/or the QA department immediately
- Send finished cartons through the case sealer and to the box coder
- Ensure all finished cases are sealed and coded properly
- Perform quality checks as assigned and record data
- Keep work area clean. Clean up broken containers and other debris as they occur
- Stop the production line to clean up broken containers on the packaging table
- When production is complete clean the packaging table and work area
- Other duties as assigned by management staff
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- 6 months of Manufacturing or Warehouse Experience
- Warehouse, Manufacturing or other Assembly Line Experience
- Familiarity with Food GMP Requirements
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs.
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Must be able to work Monday - Friday, some Saturdays are required.
- Must be able to handle and should not be affected by exposure to the following allergens: Milk, Eggs, Mustard, Peanuts, Seafood, Sesame, Soy, Tree Nuts, Wheat or Sulfites.
- Clear background and drug screen