Our client in Glassboro, NJ is looking for an energetic candidate to fill a Shipping/Receiving position.
This position receives, picks up, stores, and distributes material, tools, equipment and products within the manufacturing facility, ensuring accuracy and timeliness of all job functions.
Essential Functions :
1. Assist shipping and receiving unloading trucks, checking in merchandise, matching purchase orders to incoming receipt documents, entering transactions accurately and timely into our MRP system.
2. Move materials and items from receiving or storage areas to shipping or to other designated areas.
3. File requisitions, work orders or requests for materials, tools or other stock items and distribute items to shipping or to designated route driver storage area.
4. Ensure warehouse is accessible and safe.
5. Assemble customer orders from stock and place orders on pallets or shelves, or relocate orders to a holding area or shipping department.
6. Assist in counting of physical inventory.
7. Weigh and count items for distribution within plant to ensure conformance to company standards.
8. Prepare parcels for mailing.
9. Sweep, dust and mop. Organize warehouse and work area for orderliness at all times.
1. Communication Proficiency to all levels of the organization.
2. Organizational Skills in a LEAN environment.
3. Mathematical Skills.
4. Computer Skills.
5. Technical Capacity.
6. Passion for accuracy.
7. Desire continuous improvement.
9. Self starter and Time Management.
This position works in a warehouse setting, with some outdoor exposure during the workday. Driver/delivery functions may be on the road for hours when needed. This role requires accurate computer skill, and the ability to safely handle standard warehouse equipment such as hand trucks, box cutters and tape dispensers.
This role requires computers skills, and handle standard warehouse equipment such as hand trucks, box cutters and tape dispensers in a safe manner.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move objects that weigh more than 70 pounds.
Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance :
Valid, insurable NJ Driver's License required
Forklift Certification and plus