Food Processing Operator (2nd shift)
Job ID: 574
Employment Type: Contract
Pay Rate: $14.00 per hour
Our client is seeking to add additional kitchen staff for their production area. We have 4 openings on each shift - 2nd shift runs from 12:30 to 11:00 PM and 3rd shift runs from 6:00 PM to 4:30 AM
The role will entail:
- Prep area for production (startup).
- Gain knowledge of each ingredient, its specifications and allergen status.
- Stage and organize ingredients on deck.
- Check that batch sheets are available for each item for the day.
- Verify each ingredient is properly weighed and staged for each item.
- Scale partials of perishable/liquid ingredients.
- Prep carts with ingredients.
- Stage spice & bulk ingredient containers in kitchen.
- Pull and send Quality samples.
- Test metal detector (HACCP).
- Perform washouts.
- Seal, clean, and label partial return containers.
- Clean up production area, maintain housekeeping standards
- Assure all staged are covered to avoid contamination.
- Operate touch screen computer
- Operate air powered drum pump
- Return perishable items immediately after use.
- Cleanse kettles & floor and remove trash necessary.
- Maintain assigned equipment/PPE
- Assist in other areas of department as needed.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- 6 months of Manufacturing or Warehouse Experience
- Warehouse, Manufacturing or other Assembly Line Experience
- Familiarity with Food GMP Requirements
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs.
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Must be able to work Monday - Friday, some Saturdays are required.
- Must be able to handle and should not be affected by exposure to the following allergens: Milk, Eggs, Mustard, Peanuts, Seafood, Sesame, Soy, Tree Nuts, Wheat or Sulfites.
- Clear background and drug test required