Our client in Westville, NJ is seeking experience Cook's for their busy Food preparation facility. To prepare, cook and present breakfast type and call order meals and luncheons, as directed.
Hours are 2nd shift 2 pm-10 pm Or 3rd shift 10 pm-6 am.
• Prepares a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables and other food items for cooking in broilers, ovens, grills, fryers and a variety of other kitchen equipment.
• Working under pressure at peak hours.
• Knows and complies consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, recipe specifications, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures.
• Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure a smooth service period.
• Maintains a clean and sanitary workstation area including tables, shelves, grills, broilers, fryers, pasta cookers, sauté burners, convection oven, flat top range and refrigeration equipment.
• Prepares item for broiling, grilling or frying, sautéing or other cooking methods by portioning, battering, breading, seasoning and/or marinating.
• Follows proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes.
• Store, date and rotate all product properly.
• Assumes responsibility for fulfilling all health and safety obligations
• To handle food in a hygienic manner, as laid down in current legislation.
• To maintain good standards of hygiene
• To prepare all food as necessary
• Assists in food prep assignments during off-peak periods as needed.
• Closes kitchen properly and follows the closing checklist for kitchen stations. Assists others in closing the kitchen
• A minimum of 2 years of experience in kitchen preparation and cooking.
• At least 6 months experience in a similar capacity.
• Must be able to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen and dining room personnel.
• Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 40 pounds.
• Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 9 hours).