Press Operator Grade 2
We are seeking a Press Operator for our client in Glassboro, NJ. The Press Operator is responsible for operating production equipment and meet overall production standards established in production schedule and achieve high quality parts from approved processes.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate as part of a work team using methods and machines to produce high quality parts according to a defined process.
- Maintain a clean workplace, free of obstructions. Use tools and equipment to a safe standard.
- Maintain proper segregation of primary parts from secondary operations such as (but not limited to) tapping, sanding, drilling, gaging, sorting, deslugging, grinding, deburring, piercing, inspection, packing, part ID. stamping, forging, sawing and mill work.
- The ability to perform all approved production processes, including any approved simultaneous processes.
- Any other reasonable request.
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- High School or equivalent education and the ability to use basic arithmetic.
- Good eye hand co-ordination is required.
- Must be able to lift continuously 35 pounds in 8 hr. period. Weight above 50 lbs. must be picked up by a lifting apparatus.
- Training will be required in the use of measuring instruments, SPC, and Team Problem Solving.
- Follow safety procedures at all times
Typical work hours Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:00pm. 1/2 hour lunch
Good Attendance is a priority
Dress Code: jeans, t-shirt and boots