Industrial Cleaning Technician
Our Client in Westville, NJ is looking for an Overnight Industrial Kitchen Technician. The Technician works as part of a team that provides decontamination of combustible buildup in facilities that have commercial kitchens. These facilities may include military bases, detention centers, research, and other high security facilities.
Hours: START/END TIMES VARY Sunday to Friday 3:00pm – 10:00am
- Power washing of kitchen exhaust systems including hoods, ductwork, filters and exhaust fans.
- The set up and take down of all job sites and equipment including wiping down of stainless steel hoods, setting up wet/dry vacuums, high pressure hoses, pre-sprayers, ladders, hanging plastic sheeting, etc.
- Maintenance and cleaning of equipment, reporting any mechanical deficiencies.
- Operation of cleaning equipment such as wet/dry vacuums, high-pressure hoses, and pre-sprayers.
- Ability to lift/carry 50 pounds, wear personal protective equipment (PPE) and climb ladders to gain rooftop access in commercial and industrial establishments.
MUST Meet All Requirements:
- Available to work an overnight schedule where shifts start between the hours of 3:00pm and 10:00am (previous overnight experience a plus)
- Pass a Motor Vehicle Record check
- Must have a valid driver's license with 3+ years of driving experience
- Must have own transportation
- Ability to work Sunday night through Friday morning, where the shifts vary throughout the week from 5-12 hours
- Is comfortable working outside in all safe weather conditions, including very hot, cold, and rainy days
- Comfortable with heights
- Comfortable working in small, tight areas
- Able to work on feet for extended periods of time
- Able to kneel for 30 minutes at a time
- Able to regularly climb ladders
- Desire for active / physical work
- Able to pass through a 2-foot x 2-foot ceiling tile grid
- Pass a state, national, and county background check going back 7 years
- Pass a drug screen