5 Benefits of Temporary Staffing Companies
Most businesses are not aware of the benefits of leveraging the services of a staffing company. Maybe you have a vague recollection of working with a temp at some point in your career but are unaware of how staffing company actually works or how they can actually help a company with their resourcing needs.
There are many advantages of using a staffing agency including work force flexibility, better access to top talent, less administrative work, and a better engaged workforce.
Here are 5 reasons companies benefit in working with a staffing agency like SharpLink Staffing
1) Gauge the fit before you commit – Reduce expensive employee turnover costs by allowing SharpLink to find the ideal employee for each position. See how the candidate does in a temporary role before committing to a full-time hiring decision. With Temp-to-Hire staffing, the job candidate remains on SharpLink’s payroll for a trial period, allowing you to assess their qualifications prior to extending an employment offer. In addition, a temp-to-hire employee can determine whether she likes the work, the company culture, coworkers, your management style and their opportunity for growth should you extend a full-time offer.
2) Expertise – Staffing agencies often have a level of expertise that far exceeds the human resources departments for most businesses. The agencies are more in tune with employment trends, law changes, and recruitment best practices because this is their core business. Not to mention, staffing companies recruit constantly for many companies and build a candidate pool that they can leveraging to other clients.
3) Cost Savings – Using a staffing company is a cost effective option for certain processes and positions within your company. Your cost savings will be realized by
- Efficiency: Recruiting, screening and hiring a candidate takes a lot of time. Delegating these tasks to an expert will reduce the amount of time and expenses you spend on the hiring process. Hiring a staffing agency will also allow you to onboard your new team member quickly and reduce down time.
- Advertising dollars: Recruiting for top talent takes an investment in advertising dollars to reach your talent pool. Staffing companies have already set aside advertising dollars for recruiting and are already reaching the talent you need. You can leverage their dollars and save yours.
- Convert Fixed Costs to Variable Costs: For some positions in your company you could save money by converting your “Fixed Employee Cost” to Variable Employee Cost” for example, if your business has very little room for overhead costs but you still need employees to respond to customer orders. You could use a staffing agency only when you had orders to fill. Even though you pay a markup on the hourly rate you wouldn’t have to carry the fixed employee costs when you didn’t have the work.
4) Reduce Risk – When you engage the services of a staffing firm, you get the talent but not the HR overhead. The employee reports to you but you have no liability for workman’s comp, payroll taxes and unemployment claims. Hiring a staffing agency employee is also a better protection than hiring an independent contractor especially if that independent contractors is a one-man show.
5) Flexibility – Companies can take advantage of using contingent workforce to ramp up or down. You can use the agency’s employees as much or little as you need and have the flexibility to discontinue them once your work is complete. During slower times of the year you can downsize without going through painful layoffs. During busy times you will have access to great workers who can fill a vacancy in a matter of days.
Give SharpLink Staffing a call or send us a message to connect with us to discuss the ways we have helped our clients!